3M is seeking a Manufacturing Technology Process Engineering Intern for the Film and Materials Resource Division (FMRD) organization located in Maplewood, MN for Summer 2019. Here, you go!
As an intern, you can grow through challenging work, get involved in meaningful projects and receive great coaching from our leaders.
An internship is a temporary position within 3M. Interns typically work a full-time schedule throughout a 10-12 week assignment. This position is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year. 3M provides eligible interns with temporary housing and covers a portion of housing costs, as well as round-trip travel reimbursement in accordance with current policy.
About FMRD Manufacturing Technology:
This position is a summer intern assignment with the Manufacturing Technology group within the Film and Materials Resource Division. This group is responsible for fundamental adhesive process technology development, technology deployment, and manufacturing support across 3M divisions. The person hired for this position will be responsible completing projects impacting new technology developments, cost reductions and quality improvements. This person will interact in various cross-functional teams. They may also be responsible for providing engineering support for multiple experiments within FMRD Pilot Plants.
Applications on this requisition are reviewed and filled on a rolling basis; it is in a candidate’s best interest to apply as soon as possible. Interested candidates should include a resume as part of their application.
As a Manufacturing Technology Process Engineering Intern, your primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Leads structured projects that contribute to process and product understanding of key adhesive manufacturing processes.
- Assist and implement Lean activities.
- Provide technical support to pilot plant operations
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Science or Engineering from an accredited university
- Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 Scale
- Completed a minimum of Junior Year (6 semesters) by the start of the internship
- Previous experience as a 3M Intern or Technical Aide OR internship with a manufacturing company
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic/international travel
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).