Do you get excited by the challenge of scaling a fast-growing company by powering it with data, reporting, and analytics? Using your business insight and technical creativity, you will build tools to automate reporting and generate insights that will allow our Product leaders to quickly and accurately see how our growth initiatives are performing. You’ll be a great fit for this role if you navigate towards outcomes, enjoy finding patterns in big and messy data, and feel comfortable with incomplete data.
More About Our Team
Atlassian is over a decade old, but the Product Analytics team is just finding its stride. We are blazing new trails to enable meaningful growth decisions, so we’re constantly growing, learning, and trying to do things differently. We’re data unicorns that distill complex analytical terminology and concepts into concise language, and we interface directly with Product leaders to transmit that knowledge effectively. We’ve been described as fearless, but thorough, because we’re dedicated to an agile methodology that enables moving fast while still ensuring high-quality output. We also know all too well the importance of validating assumptions in our data, and we use various types of testing to prove those assumptions right (or wrong). It’s all about enabling Atlassian to grow by delivering the right data in the right way to partners across the company, and we have fun doing it.
What You’ll Be Working On
- Developing quantitative models of user behaviour and product performance
- Communicating the modelling, analysis, and results via writing and visualisations
- Identifying areas for further investigation and create innovative analysis methods
More About You
- Experience with R, SQL and Python
- Penultimate (second last year) student enrolled in a quantitative degree such as statistics, mathematics, economics, or computer science with a strong academic record
It’s Great, But Not Required, If You Have
- Familiarity with event-based analytics
- Experience with one or more analytics & visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Mode, etc.)
- Experience with statistical data analysis (linear models, time series analysis, sampling methods, etc..)
- We’re also always looking for excellent written and verbal communication skills and a great eye for detail.
More About Our Benefits
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year to support your favourite cause, plenty of food and drinks (including our famous ‘Charlie’s bar’), ergonomic workstations with sit/stand desks, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and more.
More About Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who’s who in tech and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and now Stride. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.