Global Transaction Services Summer Analyst Program
Global Transaction Services (GTS) is a core business for Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s global franchise. The GTS business provides global working capital solutions including liquidity management, payments and receipts, trade and supply chain finance, foreign exchange and commercial card services to three million small businesses, thousands of middle market companies, and to multinational corporations, financial institutions and governments around the world.
Since 1947 Bank of America Merrill Lynch has been offering working capital solutions in Asia Pacific tailored to meet the growing needs of our clients with diverse geographic presence.
Summer Analysts in the Asia Pacific region participate in an 8 – 12 week program, depending on location, which is designed to give you a unique opportunity to gain exposure to life in Global Transaction Services (GTS). The program begins with firm wide orientation, and continues throughout the internship with training, networking events and social activities. You will be given responsibilities early and will be expected to make a significant contribution to the team. As internships mirror full-time positions, they also include goal-setting and a formal review process as well as plenty of opportunity to interact and work with senior managers.
Placement of Summer Analysts is determined during the hiring process where we match the business needs and the interests/skills of the Summer Analyst. The various teams in GTS include:
- Corporate Treasury Sales
- Financial Institutions (FI) Treasury Sales
- Treasury Product Solutions
- Asia Trade & Supply Chain Solutions
As a Summer Analyst within Global Transaction Services, you will work closely with GTS professionals on strategic business initiatives and projects.
Responsibilities (vary with placement)
- Manage projects, understand the requirements of the project and practice time management, project planning and execution skills to complete your project within the relevant timeframe
- Prepare presentation and other materials to support delivery of proposals to clients/ prospective clients
- Conducting comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research
- Participate in meetings/calls with clients and follow up any action points where required
- Create various client or internal documents, materials, reports and data inventories as required
- Proactively network internally to learn more about the business as well as report back on business initiatives worked on
- Integrate as a team member and communicate with the team on project milestones
- Support the team to solve client needs and generate revenue for the bank
Learn from, and work with, teams across the business, including senior managers within your team, experts in other areas of the firm and colleagues from around the globe
- Penultimate year undergraduate/master student
- Outstanding academic achievement
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Comfortable with change and adjust to changing demands and requirements
- A strong team player and client focused
- Demonstrates energy and initiative
- Positive approach and open to learning new skills
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates a keen interest in the business
- Fluency in English is essential, appropriate Asian language skills are also essential for some roles and countries
How to Apply
- Select ‘Apply’ and sign in as a new or returning user
- Complete all sections of the application form, followed by the online assessment
- Upload cover letter and/or resume to support your application
- Submit form – please note that in order for your application to be considered, you must have completed the form, the online assessment and uploaded your resume before the deadline
14 Sept 2018 (Round 1)
19 Oct 2018 (Round 2)
We encourage applicants to apply early for our summer analyst programs as our recruitment team will review applications on a rolling basis. Your interview may also be scheduled before the application closes. For some positions, the final decision will only be made after Round 2 has ended. However, we will endeavor to inform you of your application outcome as soon as a decision has been made.
September 14 2018