Global Human Resources Development Summer Analyst Program
A strategic partner to our business and corporate groups, HR provides the expertise essential for maximizing employees’ professional achievement. Working together, the HR Generalist team supported by their specialist partners including recruitment, diversity, learning and development, compensation and benefits and employee relations, provide a comprehensive service to the business.
At Bank of America Merrill Lynch, people are our most valuable and important commodity. HR is responsible for ensuring that we attract, develop and retain a world class workforce. HR is integral in ensuring a fair and meritocratic working environment and maintaining a positive team culture that celebrates diversity.
Summer Analysts participate in a 10 week program providing a unique opportunity and exposure to life in HR. Summer Analysts are given a true associate experience, as internships mirror full-time positions and include goal-setting and a formal review process. As a Summer Analyst in GHR, you will be assigned to a specific HR function (Generalist or Specialist – HR Shared Services, International Compensation and Benefits, Learning &Leadership Development and Staffing) to fully understand the function, its key stakeholders and to have the opportunity to be accountable for real deliverables.
Throughout the term, you may expect:
– Gain an understanding of the various HR functions within the organization and how each function works together to deliver consistent policies and standards to our internal clients
– Access to online e-portal learning covering compliance and foundation of banking topics
– Structured and on-the-job training
– Networking and social opportunities
– Exposure to senior level management
– Corporate Social Responsibility project/learning
– Involvement in Diversity and Inclusion training/events
– Consideration for full time employment upon graduation
• Penultimate year undergraduate/master student Outstanding academic achievement
• Major in HR or related field preferred but students from other areas are welcome to apply
Required Skills and Abilities
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Effective verbal and written communication
• Being comfortable with change and adjust to changing demands and requirements
• Strong team player and client focused
• Demonstrate energy and drive
• Show a keen interest in the business you are applying to
How to apply
• Select ‘Apply Now’ and sign in as a new or returning user
• Complete all sections of the application form, followed by the online assessment
• Upload cover letter and/or resume to support your application
• Submit form – please note that in order for your application to be considered, you must have completed the form, the online assessment and uploaded your resume before the deadline
14 Sept 2018 (Round 1)
19 Oct 2018 (Round 2)
We encourage applicants to apply early for our summer analyst programs as our recruitment team will review applications on a rolling basis. Your interview may also be scheduled before the application closes. For some positions, the final decision will only be made after Round 2 has ended. However, we will endeavor to inform you of your application outcome as soon as a decision has been made.
September 14 2018