Global Capital Markets originates a wide variety of equity and debt capital offerings, as well as risk management products. When an issuer client decides to raise capital in the public or private markets, Corporate and Investment Bankers turn to the Global Capital Markets team. Global Capital Markets partners with the coverage team and advises clients on optimal methods to access capital, whether for acquisitions, refinancing or strengthening their balance sheets. The offerings can comprise equities, bonds, private placements, equity linked and derivative products, or a combination of securities.
Equity Capital Markets originates, structures and executes worldwide equity, equity-linked and equity derivatives products on behalf of the firm’s global corporate and institutional client base. The equity product suite includes initial public offerings, rights offerings, accelerated placements, convertible bonds, hedging structures, margin loans and structured purchases/disposals.
The Debt Capital Markets team generates financing solutions for the firm’s client base through the origination, development, structuring and execution of instruments across the debt spectrum, including bonds, loans, and derivatives.
Summer Analysts in the Asia Pacific region participate in an 8 – 11 week program, depending on location, which is designed to give you a unique opportunity to gain exposure to life in Global Capital Markets. The program begins with firm wide orientation and continues throughout the internship with training, networking events and social activities. You will be given responsibilities early and will be expected to make a significant contribution to the team. As internships mirror full-time positions, they also include goal-setting and a formal review process as well as plenty of opportunity to interact and work with senior bankers.
- Develop and manage financial models
- Support and create analyses, including valuations and merger consequences
- Perform comprehensive, in-depth company and industry research
- Prepare client presentations and other materials
- Participate in due diligence sessions and client meetings
- Communicate and interact with client team members
- Penultimate year undergraduate/master student
- On track to receive a GPA 3.5/4 or above (2.1 degree or above – UK system)
- Outstanding academic achievement
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Comfortable with change and adjust to changing demands and requirements
- A strong team player and client focused
- Demonstrates energy and drive
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates a keen interest in the business you are applying to
- Fluency in English is essential, appropriate Asian language skills are also essential for some roles and countries
How to Apply
- Select ‘Apply’ and sign in as a new or returning user
- Complete all sections of the application form, followed by the online assessment
- Upload cover letter and/or resume to support your application
- Submit form – please note that in order for your application to be considered, you must have completed the form, the online assessment and uploaded your resume before the deadline
14 Sept 2018 (Round 1)
19 Oct 2018 (Round 2)
We encourage applicants to apply early for our summer analyst programs as our recruitment team will review applications on a rolling basis. Your interview may also be scheduled before the application closes. For some positions, the final decision will only be made after Round 2 has ended. However, we will endeavor to inform you of your application outcome as soon as a decision has been made.
September 14 2018