Wholesale Credit is a front office function that works closely with origination functions such as Corporate banking, Capital markets, and Global Transaction Services both domestically and globally to devise and deliver solutions to customers. Wholesale Credit is specifically responsible for the credit analysis, credit paper preparation and execution of multiple-ranged financial transactions as well as the subsequent monitoring and management of portfolio quality and exposures.
- Provide analytical and other support for senior team members and assist with origination (Corporate Banking, Investment Banking, Global Markets, Global Transaction Services, etc.), risk and other support functions to support balanced portfolio growth
- Learn from, and work with teams consisting of professionals from across the business, including senior team members within your group, product and support partners and other colleagues from around the globe
- Analyze customer financial strength, business strategy, market factors, regulatory environment to assist credit memos and support portfolio management of various Financial Institutions Customers ( Government FIs, Banks, Broker-Dealers, Insurers, Funds and etc.) and Corporate Clients
- Perform various statistical and financial analyses
- Conduct comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research
- Develop familiarity with various legal documents – trading documentations, loan agreement, and etc.
- Develop an understanding of internal policy, procedures and regulatory requirements and to ensure full compliance in all respects
- Develop product knowledge – a wide range of credit products including loans, derivatives, trade finance, cash management and treasury products
Summer Analysts in the Asia Pacific region participate in an 8-12 week program, depending on location, which is designed to give you a unique opportunity to gain exposure to life in Wholesale Credit. The program begins with a firm wide orientation, and continues throughout the internship with training, networking events and social activities. You will be given responsibilities early and will be expected to make a significant contribution to the team. As internships mirror full-time positions, they also include goal-setting and a formal review process as well as plenty of opportunity to interact and work with senior bankers. Wholesale Credit Summer Analysts will be assigned a mentor and buddy to provide guidance over the course of the program.
- Penultimate year undergraduate/master student
- Outstanding academic achievement
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Comfortable with change and adjust to changing demands and requirements
- A strong team player and client focused
- Demonstrates energy and drive
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates a keen interest in the business you are applying to
- Fluency in English is essential, appropriate Asian language skills are also essential for some roles and countries
How to Apply
- Select ‘Apply’ and sign in as a new or returning user
- Complete all sections of the application form, followed by the online assessment
- Upload cover letter and/or resume to support your application
- Submit form – please note that in order for your application to be considered, you must have completed the form, the online assessment and uploaded your resume before the deadline
14 Sept 2018 (Round 1)
19 Oct 2018 (Round 2)
We encourage applicants to apply early for our summer analyst programs as our recruitment team will review applications on a rolling basis. Your interview may also be scheduled before the application closes. For some positions, the final decision will only be made after Round 2 has ended. However, we will endeavor to inform you of your application outcome as soon as a decision has been made.
September 14 2018