Global Corporate Banking Summer Analyst Program
The Global Corporate Banking division serves a diverse corporate client base. We have a significant presence in the Americas, Europe, Emerging Markets (ex-Asia) and Asia Pacific, serving clients in virtually all countries. We provide our clients with a range of services fundamental to their business, including strategic and financing advice, restructuring and risk management solutions, as well as capital raisings from both the public markets and private sources. We serve our clients through teams of professionals that bring together the full capabilities of the bank to satisfy one goal: helping our clients succeed.
Summer Analysts in the Asia Pacific region participate in an 8-12 week program, depending on location, which is designed to give you a unique opportunity to gain exposure to life in Corporate Banking. The program begins with a firm wide orientation, and continues throughout the internship with training, networking events and social activities. You will be given responsibilities early and will be expected to make a significant contribution to the team. As internships mirror full-time positions, they also include goal-setting and a formal review process as well as plenty of opportunity to interact and work with senior bankers. Corporate Banking Summer Analysts will be assigned a mentor and buddy to provide guidance over the course of the program.
Corporate Banking Summer Analysts are active members of the country’s integrated client coverage (Corporates, Financial Institutions and Subsidiaries) teams who assist bankers in the delivery of the full breadth of products and services to clients and prospects.
As a Summer Analyst within Corporate Banking, you will:
- Support and assist the bankers in managing their client portfolio’s – client development, pitching and execution and responding to client requests
- Assist in deal execution and follow-up – assist in putting together internal memos and working through the KYC process for example
- Perform various statistical and financial analyses
- Conduct comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research
- Prepare presentation and other materials for clients
- Produce and distribute internal documents for the team – meeting minutes, market reports, weekly pipeline reports
- Learn from, and work with teams consisting of professionals from across the business, including senior corporate bankers within your group, product and support partners and other colleagues from around the globe
- Have the opportunity to work on a project that requires analyzing a business opportunity for a client and presenting findings to bankers on how to expand that client franchise
- Penultimate year undergraduate/master student
- Outstanding academic achievement
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Comfortable with change and able to adjust to changing demands and requirements
- A strong team player and client focused
- Demonstrates energy and drive
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates a keen interest in the business you are applying to
- Fluency in English is essential, appropriate Asian language skills are also essential for some roles and countries
How to Apply
- Select ‘Apply’ and sign in as a new or returning user
- Complete all sections of the application form, followed by the online assessment
- Upload cover letter and/or resume to support your application
- Submit form – please note that in order for your application to be considered, you must have completed the form, the online assessment and uploaded your resume before local Sydney time, 12pm, 31 July 2018.
July 31 2018