More than 700 professionals in our award-winning Global Research organization support our institutional sales and trading teams and their clients. Our Research Analysts add value to investor clients by providing insightful, objective and decisive research, designed to enable them to make informed investment decisions.
Equity Research: Provides institutional and retail clients with in-depth research analysis on more than 20 industries and conducts fundamental analysis on more than 3,000 companies in 50 countries.
Credit Research: Provides analysis of corporations’ credit-worthiness and credit, cash and derivative markets and makes detailed, actionable investment recommendations to all types of institutional credit and credit derivative investors.
Summer Analysts in the Asia Pacific region participate in a 10 week program which is designed to give you a unique opportunity to gain exposure to life in Research. The program begins with firm wide orientation, and continues throughout the internship with training, networking events and social activities. You will be given responsibilities early and will be expected to make a significant contribution to the team. As internships mirror full-time positions, they also include goal-setting and a formal review process as well as plenty of opportunity to interact and work with senior managers.
- Work closely with the team on various tasks including modeling/analysis, conducting primary research and attending internal/external client meetings.
- Have some responsibilities which are conducted regularly (daily, weekly, etc.) while others will be longer-term projects that will continue over the internship period.
Summer Analysts are placed directly with a specific team throughout the internship. Group placement is determined by considering business needs and the interests/skills of the Summer Analyst. The groups span across country and industry, these include but not limited to (not all groups exist in all countries):
- Autos, Industrials, Shipbuilding
- Metals and Mining
- Small caps
- Telecom, Media and Technology
- Financial services
- Entertainment and gaming
- Macro and quantitative analysis
- Penultimate year undergraduate/master student
- On track to receive a GPA 3.5/4 or above (2.1 degree or above – UK system)
- Outstanding academic achievement
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Comfortable with change and adjust to changing demands and requirements
- A strong team player and client focused
- Demonstrate energy and drive
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates a keen interest in the business you are applying to
- Fluency in English is essential, appropriate Asian language skills are also essential for some roles and countries
How to Apply
- Select ‘Apply’ and sign in as a new or returning user
- Complete all sections of the application form, followed by the online assessment
- Upload cover letter and/or resume to support your application
- Submit form – please note that in order for your application to be considered, you must have completed the form, the online assessment and uploaded your resume before local Sydney time, 12pm, 31 July 2018.
July 31 2018