Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Job ID: 80004652
Posted Day: 17-Aug-2018
You’re the brains behind our work.
If you are ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the board room, then Citi can help you get there! Whether in honing your skills or building your network, success will not come easy without growth. Our programs will equip you with the knowledge and training that you will need to play a valuable role in a team and to establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and we provide experiences, support and opportunities people need to move forward.
Citi’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for Full Time Analysts to join the Corporate Banking team. Corporate Bankers are relationship-focused finance professionals responsible for understanding the wide range of complex financial issues our clients are facing around the world. As a Corporate Banker, you will drive the client dialogue on capital structure, liability management, liquidity & funding strategies, risk management, and investment solutions. Unique to Citi, Corporate Bankers are also responsible for deciding where to invest the firm’s capital and executing on those investments. Corporate Bankers work in partnership with various Citi groups across the firm including Risk Management, Investment Banking, Market & Securities Services, Treasury & Trade Solutions and the Capital Markets Origination. If none of these terms make sense right now, that is okay! As a Corporate Banking Analyst, you will join a training program in New York where you will receive an in-depth education on a variety of these topics to learn the fundamentals of the Analyst role and introduce you to Citi’s culture. So whatever your degree is, we will give you the training you need to excel.
* Conduct accounting and financial statement analysis; cash flow modeling; and capital markets analysis
* Complete fundamental risk and credit analysis* Liaise with product partners
* Assist in the presentation and development of new ideas to clients
* Structure deals
We are committed to teaching you the ropes. The Analyst Program starts in June and will begin with an in-depth training program. You will then be placed with a Corporate Banking team to work with for the duration of the program. There will be a rotational aspect which allows you to learn more about the Corporate Banking business, as well as some of the businesses teams you will be working with on a day-to-day basis.
* You are in your final year of University
* Students with strong academic record from all disciplines* Have an interest in Corporate Banking as a business
A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. Openness to diversity is something we highly value, and so should you. We will also be looking for the following:
* Commitment to personal growth and career development, a strong desire to learn, and success in team environments
* Knowledge of the global or domestic business landscape is a plus, but not required
* Strong communication, planning and organizational skills
* Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
* Unquestioned commitment to integrity ethical decision-making