Markets – Fixed Income Placement Analyst (intern) 2019 – Frankfurt, Germany
Employee Status: emea
You’re the brains behind our work.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our internship equips you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on our team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi is looking for interns to join the Fixed Income Sales team in Frankfurt in 2019. For our clients, we buy, sell and structure across various Fixed Income products. Our Sales Analyst Internship Program is a highly competitive and selective program that gives you the opportunity to actively participate in the research, trading and marketing of securities to our institutional client base. In addition, as a Sales Analyst, you will be given the opportunity to rotate across Fixed Income products, such as Rates, Credit and Structured Credit & FI Solutions to gain a well-rounded experience.
* Collect and analyze macro market and industry specific information to assist our team
* Participate in client development, including coordinating data with clients and assisting in preparing new ideas to clients
* Handling of various inquiries from institutional clients from Germany and Austria including coordination with trading desks
* Build and utilize your network through work shadowing a variety of desks and asset classes across the trading floor
* Increased responsibility and client interaction as you continue to build knowledge and expertise on the program
We’re committed to teaching you the ropes. During the three to six months Placement Analyst Program (with any possible start date) you will be supporting the Fixed Income Sales team in Frankfurt. You will be given responsibilities from the first day on, e.g. having direct contact with clients and providing work that is adding value for the team. Successful interns may be considered for a full time position.
* You are in your penultimate/final year of university and pursuing a degree in any discipline
* You have a GPA of
Who we think will be a great fit…
You are interested in sales and trading, and you’re determined to succeed in the field. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you. We’ll also be looking for the following:
* Desire to develop a deep understanding of the industry
* Intellectual curiosity and proactive approach to searching for new and creative ideas
* Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills
* Commitment to personal growth and career development including mobility and flexibility. You also have a strong desire to learn, are proactive, building rapport and relationships in team environments
* Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision-making