Graduate Analyst programme 2018 – IT
Graduate / Analyst
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 20,000 employees in over 50 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career
Our focus on Graduate Development offers first class training and support for bright and ambitious individuals. You will begin with induction training before moving into a real, full-time role in one of a number of business areas. This is one of the fundamental differences between our programme and others – you start a real job from the beginning; taking on responsibility and accelerating your career. You will have access to a wide range of development opportunities and will receive on-the-job coaching and support from your colleagues.
Technology touches every part of BNP Paribas and underpins every deal we make. Our Technology teams are responsible for developing, implementing, operating and maintaining cutting-edge applications used across the business. Their key objective is to apply expertise in technology to business problems and deliver high-quality, practical solutions. That could mean developing new applications for our trading floors, supporting our traders and sales operations teams with their IT platform, setting up the infrastructure for a new office, or working with colleagues in other functions to develop tools to enhance our e-commerce, risk measurement, pricing and trade processing applications.
Understanding complex technology is one aspect, but a firm grasp of business issues is also essential. You could be working closely with our trading floor to develop the software that enables them to make the split second decisions that our business is founded on, or using your creativity and initiative to enhance or support our state-of-the-art systems and databases. Whatever the task, our technologists work in a fast-moving environment where solutions move from concept to implementation in weeks and months rather than years.
We are looking for a number of high calibre graduates to join our business focused IT team and provide the leadership of tomorrow. You could be working with any of our business groups and financial products within Corporate and Institutional Banking to provide technology solutions to business problems and identify opportunities to use the IT platform to support the business evolution.
The role will be specialised in one of the following areas:
Business and Technical Analysis
· Building a good relationship with key stakeholders in the platform to deliver the needs of their projects
· Documentation of project requirements in order for development teams to be able to implement them
· Attending prioritisation meetings to push for work to get done within the Agile model
· Raising of JIRA’s as part of breaking down work required to be done
· Keeping management informed on project card statuses
· Debug issues in Production systems based on work previously worked on (or on behalf of colleagues)
· Understand the systems in depth to understand how solutions can work
· Responsibility to work solely devloping on key sections of the platform
· Understanding of the system being worked on to be able to make informed changes and decisions about methods of implementation
· Ensure work gets into Production with help from test teams and BA’s
· Communication with other developers and BA’s to keep them informed on the status of tasks
· Provide support to the Support team as a 3rd line when issues occur in production that involve a code debug
Product Implementation, Analysis and Support
· Deliver first class support to business and IT users of the systems
· Documentation of process in order to enhance the knowledge base across the team and ability to follow said instructions of process
· Track incidents, follow up on problems and ensure logging is always done (ITIL)
· Build a working knowledge of the systems and business area in order to provide a high level of support.
· Work with the rest of the global team to ensure they are all able to adequately provide a high level of system support.
· Prepare environments for releases and ensure that the implementation and pre-production tests are carried out.
We are looking for candidates with:
- A passion for IT
- An ability to demonstrate a strong interest in IT (through studies, external projects/interests, work experience)
- Good communications skills – both written and verbal
- A demonstrated ability to work well within a team and to form good working relationships with external stakeholders and sponsors
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Basic understanding of financial markets
- Experience with either: Python, C#, C++, Java, Angular JS, HTML, XML, VBA, IIS, Geneos Monitoring
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Deadline to apply: 13th July 2018