6 Month Internship – Financial Restructuring
Houlihan Lokey (NYSE:HLI) is a global investment bank with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial restructuring, valuation, and strategic consulting. The firm serves corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide with offices in the United States, Europe, the Middle East, and the Asia-Pacific region. Independent advice and intellectual rigor are hallmarks of the firm’s commitment to client success across its advisory services. Houlihan Lokey is ranked as the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. transactions, the No. 1 global restructuring advisor, and the No. 1 global M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 20 years, according to Thomson Reuters. For more information, please visit www.HL.com.
Financial Restructuring Group
Houlihan Lokey has the largest, most experienced worldwide financial restructuring practice of any investment banking firm, with nearly 200 professionals in offices in the United States, Europe, and Asia. In 2017, we worked on more than 150 restructuring-related transactions on behalf of companies, their creditors and shareholders, and other constituents. Houlihan Lokey has advised on more than 1,000 restructuring transactions, with aggregate debt claims in excess of $2.5 trillion.
Our group employs an interdisciplinary approach to engagements and is accustomed to evaluating complex, highly leveraged situations in short timeframes. We are also a recognized leader in achieving merger and acquisition transactions for distressed companies.
The FRG business in Asia is expanding and we are looking for a 6 month intern to be based in our Hong Kong office. Interns have exposure to a variety of transactions within the group, including creditor- and debtor-side restructurings and distressed mergers & acquisitions. Interns work on projects that provide exposure to a wide variety of financial advisory and investment banking products and industries. These services include:
• Advising companies and stakeholders in out-of-court and in-court restructurings
• Debt and equity financings
• Distressed M&A advisory services
• Special-situation principal investing
• Participating in complex negotiations on behalf of our client
Interns are typically members of deal teams comprising at least one managing director, vice president, associate and financial analyst.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Candidates need to be available for an immediate start
• Mandarin language skills required
• You must be a penultimate or final year student, or a recent graduate
• You will have a strong academic track record and have achieved / or currently studying for a degree in accounting, economics and / or finance
• Understanding of valuation theory, methodologies and applications
• Strong quantitative, financial and analytical skills
• Demonstrated interest in Financial Restructuring
• Previous internship experience within investment banking and / or related fields preferred
• International experience is also desirable, but not essential
• You must be motivated and have the ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff in a demanding, but ultimately rewarding environment
• An exceptionally strong work ethic
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V