London – 2019 Graduate Analyst Programme – Market Risk Transversal
Graduate / Analyst
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 20,000 employees in over 50 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career.
Our focus on Graduate Development offers first class training and support for bright and ambitious individuals. You will begin with induction training before moving into a real, full-time role in one of a number of business areas. This is one of the fundamental differences between our programme and others – you start a real job from the beginning; taking on responsibility and accelerating your career. You will have access to a wide range of development opportunities and will receive on-the-job coaching and support from your colleagues.
Market Risk Transversal (“MRT”) – within Risk Global Markets – complements the market risk operational streams of the Market Risk department. By developing and ultimately mobilising subject matter expertise on a variety of technically challenging topics, we facilitate Market Risk’s contribution to critical bank-wide initiatives that will help shape the Bank’s ongoing and future adaptation to the fast changing global financial landscape. Examples of such projects would be regulation concerning the Fundamental Review of the Trading Book by the Basel Committee, development of enhanced tools to analyse and attribute trading revenue to market trends, adaptation of the bank’s internal risk controls to meet the requirements of French and US regulation concerning the prohibition of proprietary trading (i.e. Volcker Rule). However we also need to master the art of transversal risk understanding practically achieved through building the team on a foundation of experts drawn from Risk Global Market’s pool of talent selected during the formation of the transversal team. Newcomers to the team will stand to steepen their learning curve at a challenging pace by working with practitioners from across a diverse range of disciplines and backgrounds in order to master the discipline of market risk management with a uniquely entrepreneurial and transversal point of view.
The products that we cover include Equities, Commodities, Interest Rate, Foreign Exchange, Emerging Markets and Credit trading desks. We also leverage off our efforts to support our partners in Risk covering financing and counterparty risk hedging desks (i.e. XVA).
We are looking to recruit individuals who are technically competent to embrace the depth of products encountered in the capital markets today from a technical market risk analysis perspective, who champion diversity with open mind-set, who are receptive to change and comfortable to fit into a fast pace working environment, who are motivated to learn and who are sufficiently self-driven to achieve their goals.
- Develop core competencies in specific asset classes in order to secure optimal support for our collaborators in other parts of Risk-Global Markets and the wider Risk community.
- Contribute to the digitalisation of Market Risk Transversal way of working.
- Develop cutting edge tools to support the development of a PL attribution process, requiring the analyst to couple expert understanding of the practicalities of market risk with mathematical techniques;
- Bring a critical results-driven mind-set to drive the early stages of development of new initiatives such as automated limit calibration or the review of the pricing function of the Var model.
- Support a strong collaborative relationships with partners in Risk (esp. GBL Market Risk teams, and the Quantitative Team);
- Proficient written & oral communication
- Maths skills obtained through relevant studies,
- Knowledge of financial markets,
- Motivation to proactively work as part of a team,
- Curious and highly motivated to learn
- Problem solving and ability to offer different perspectives.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Engineering, Financial Engineering, Finance, Maths, Sciences, Economics, Econometrics or related discipline;
- Proficiency with Excel, VBA, Word, and an interest in developing practical solutions to a data analysis problems by using more advanced solutions (R/Python);
- Engineering mathematics level or higher (calculus, Taylor’s theorem) is essential;
- Some familiarity with financial products would be a definite advantage (bond pricing, definition of Greeks (Delta/Vega/Gamma), concepts of option pricing) and will be preferred;
- Exposure to banking regulation issues would be definite advantage and would be preferred.
Closing Date: 19th September 2018
Closing Date: 5th November 2018