London – Long Term Internship 2018 – TRS – Credit and Primary
Long Term Internship
WHO WE ARE
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 200,000 people across 80 countries and 5 continents. BNP Paribas Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 30,000 employees in over 55 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
BNP Paribas’ Trading Risk & Strategy (TRS) is a unique team reporting directly to the Executive Head of Global Markets. It engages with all the GBLs as partners and help them optimize the risk /return of their inventories, optimize the capital necessary to run their franchise and upgrade the trading framework with tools and bespoke analysis.
TRS Credit is the Credit part of the global TRS team and is London based. The team works essentially with the Secondary Trading part of PCM and looks particularly at our bonds, derivatives, structured, loans, etc. trading desks.
You will be hired into the TRS Credit team as an intern.
- Proactive and enthusiastic self-starter
- Strong mathematical, analytical & quantitative skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Team player
- Excellent spoken and written English are crucial and other languages are a definite advantage in this field as you will ideally converse with your clients in their native language.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Financial Engineering, Finance, Maths, Sciences, Economics, Econometrics or related disciplines
- Programming skills such as C++ / Visual Basic and understanding programming
- Previous related internship or work experience in financial services and/or investment banking
- Good knowledge of Credit/Primary markets
- Good knowledge of MS Office (PowerPoint and Excel in particular)
- Experience in using information systems (Bloomberg, Reuters)
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Closing Date: 05/11/2018