Would you rather wait for the future or build it?
Why choose Prysmian?
Our cables form the infrastructure people need to make things happen, from power distribution, to the latest internet optic fibres, we help communities get what they need to thrive.
We’re searching for graduates keen to pursue a business management or technical career.
To apply for the program, you’ll need a Degree in one of the following fields:
- Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Information Technology or be currently working towards one;
- Business Administration, Economics or Finance or be currently working towards one.
We also expect you to:
- have had an outstanding university career, with experience abroad;
- have graduated not more than 18 months ago;
- be able to speak fluent English (a second language is preferential title)
- be willing and ready to live overseas for 2 years, experiencing new cultures and work environments;
- demonstrate strong communication skills and interpersonal skills.
Build the Future is our exciting international Graduate Program that provides complete immersion in the business, right from the start.
- a permanent contract with a highly competitive salary
- induction training at our Milan HQ by a top Business School
- a mentor to assist you in your learning and development goals
- job rotation in R&D, Operations and Sales dept in home country
- warm up period in the home country for your upcoming international assignment role
- international assignment within a multicultural environment
- technical or junior managerial appointment at the end of the Program
Our exciting Graduate Program
Permanent contract with highly competitive salary
Our business success is not just the result of our strong technologies and products but is driven by our employees’ commitment and performance. Our employees are rewarded based on their performance and leadership skills and we challenge ourselves to find the best way to reward them through innovative and sustainable compensation programs fostering internal pay equity and external competitiveness.
Induction training in our HQ delivered in partnership with a top Business School
After your local on boarding and induction, you will spend 2 weeks in our head office in Milan Italy. You will receive a great overview of the company and of local businesses, meet our Group CEO, get to grips with our products and technology, discover how our operations and customer relationship teams work together and you’ll even get a tour of one of our factories. Furthermore, after two years in the program, you will return to Milan and participate in different business games with senior managers. Thanks to our partnership with SDA Bocconi, you’ll also attend a session on Management Skills fundamentals.
Job rotation – 9 months (R&D, Operations and Sales)
To get a true feel for the business, you will have the chance to work in a number of roles in your home country. You will experience a 3 month country or regional R&D rotation, working with the product technology team, 3 months in Operations and 3 months in Customer Relations all in your home country. Whilst undertaking this rotation you will be working on a personal project to help learn more about the kind of roles you’d be best suited for.
Warm up period – 3 months
International assignments within a multicultural environment
Having spent a year getting to know the business on a local level and enjoying the 3 month “warm up” period for your new international role, you will get the chance to expand your work and cultural experience overseas. You will be embarking on a 2 years international placement in either Sales, Operations, R&D or a Staff function. The Graduate Committee is responsible for the allocation of the roles and regions that you are placed in. Your performance over the course of your time with us will be evaluated per the P3 – Prysmian People Performance system and the outcomes and a range of options discussed with you.
Technical or Junior managerial appointment
Finally, your experience abroad and your business understanding will prepare you to take on a Technical or Junior management role, either in your home country or overseas.
“Build the Future” is our exciting international graduate program. Every year, we select a small number of talented graduates from all over the world and give them the chance to develop the skills and expertise they need to succeed at Prysmian Group.
In the last seven years, we’ve taken on 300 new graduates. If you’re chosen to join the program, you’ll have the chance to work on projects that touch every part of the business, making a valuable contribution, right from the start.
And once you’ve got to grips with the local market, we’ll send you overseas on an international assignment, which could take you anywhere. Just imagine the possibilities.
If you’re looking for a career with the potential to make a global impact, then look no further.
Step 1 | APPLICATION
To apply for the Program you should have a degree in one of the following fields, or currently be working towards one:
- Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics or Information Technology
- Business administration, Economics or Finance
We would also expect you to:
- have had an outstanding university career, with experience abroad
- have graduated not more than 18 months ago
- to speak fluent English and at least one other language in business fluency (a third language would be preferred)
- to have a genuine desire to work and live abroad and have an international mindset
- demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
Step 2 | TEST & QUESTIONNAIRE
If your application meets our requirements, you’ll be requested to take an online assessment by our recruitment partner, SHL. If your online assessment is successful, you will be required to record a short video presentation of yourself before being invited to attend a group assessment day.
Step 3 | ASSESSMENT
A shortlist of applicants will be invited to take part in a group exercise with other candidates, where various skills and their aptitude will be assessed.
Step 4 | INTERVIEWS
The best performers at the assessment will have a final interview with a selection of managers from the business at country and group level.
We’ll make our final selection shortly after.
Step 5 | JOB OFFER
The selected applicants will sign a permanent contract with competitive compensation. After successful local onboarding and induction you will be invited to the first 2-weeks induction in Milan.