Open & closing dates
10/09/2018 to 10/16/2018This job will close when we have received 100 applications which may be sooner than the closing date. Learn more
Pay scale & grade
GS 4 – 7
$33,172 to $59,762 per year
1 vacancy in the following location:
Washington DC, DC
This job is open to
Current students enrolled in accredited educational institutions from high school to graduate level. Includes internships, pathways and other student programs.
Clarification from the agency
Student/Internship Program Eligibles
Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 30 days of the closing date.
The program will run for 10 – 12 weeks.
This vacancy is being announced under the Pathways Internship Program. Only the first 100 applications received will be reviewed. Once the 100 application threshold has been reached, the announcement will be closed that midnight (Any applications received before midnight will be accepted and reviewed for consideration).
About this agency
Learn more about this agency
EXIM is seeking rising college students who have completed at least two years of undergraduate or currently enrolled in graduate level studies with a concentration in finance, accounting, business administration, or economics.
- Performs selected tasks and phases of routine studies and projects that require application of basic occupational field theory and principles.
- Participates with senior personnel in conducting non-routine projects.
- Studies EXIM requirements for projects; researches and studies the current body of precedents and technical knowledge.
- Assists in the collection and analysis of information and data, the documentation of findings, and the development of reports using MS Excel.
- Provides assistance in planning, monitoring,and conducting special studies, projects, and initiatives.
- Attends meetings to observe interactions and understand working relationships with customers, specialists, and other organizational points of contact.
- Analyze and evaluate data to ensure data integrity and identifies any trends or indicators that could affect project performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
0199 Social Science Student Trainee
0399 Administration And Office Support Student Trainee
0599 Financial Management Student Trainee
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship
- Background and Security/Suitability Investigation
- Must have a G.P.A. of 2.5 or higher
- Current students (college, vocational school, or etc.)
QualificationsWho may be considered: United States Citizens who are current students in an accredited college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate.
To apply for a Pathways Internship position, candidates must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen;
- Be currently enrolled on at least a half-time basis (determined by the particular school or university) in an accredited college, university, technical, or vocational school.
- Have a good academic standing, maintaining a G.P.A of 2.5 or higher.
GS-04 – Completion of 2 full academic years of post-high school study or an Associate’s degree
GS-05 – Completion of 4 academic years of post-high school study leading to a Bachelor’s degree
GS-07 – Completion of 1 full academic year of graduate level education; or Eligibility under the Superior Academic Achievement Provision and completion of a bachelor’s degree.
****NOTE: One year of full-time undergraduate study is defined as 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours*****
Superior Academic Achievement Provisions include the below:
A Bachelor’s degree in any field, plus at least one of the following superior academic achievement provisions:
- A grade-point average (GPA) of B (3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale) for all completed undergraduate courses, or courses completed in the last two years of undergraduate curriculum; or
- A grade-point average (GPA) of B+ (3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale) for the required courses in your major field of study, or required courses in your major completed in the last two years of undergraduate study; or
- Rank in the upper one-third of your class in the college, university, or major completed in the last two years of undergraduate study; or
- Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society, other than freshman honor societies. Honor societies that have been approved are listed in the American College of Honor Societies. Booklet of Information (1992-95) and/or Baird’s Manual of American College Fraternities (1991).
Students in an accredited post-secondary school must provide a copy of their transcripts which shows the list of courses with credit hours, major(s), and grade point average or class ranking. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable to be considered, but official transcripts are required prior to appointment.
****NOTE: You must submit proof of your education at the time of application in order to receive consideration.*****
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the above requirements if you can show that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week.
If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position.
- Applicants claiming veteran’s preference MUST clearly show entitlement to such preference on resume and supplemental data submitted.
- Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in the vacancy announcement will result in an ineligible rating and will impact your referral.
- You will need to successfully complete a background security investigation.
All requirements must be met by 10/16/2018, the closing date of the announcement.
At the time of application you must be enrolled in an accredited university for a minimum of half-time and remain in that status for the duration of the internship. Your application will be considered incomplete if proof of current enrollment is not submitted i.e., class schedule, letter of enrollment, pre-registration schedule/transcript(s), or receipt for tuition.
Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Eligibles: If you have never worked for the Federal government, you are not CTAP/ICTAP eligible. Information about ICTAP or CTAP eligibility can be found by clicking here to access OPM’s Career Transition Resources website.
Veterans: All veterans must meet the qualification requirements of the position for further consideration. For more information on veterans’ preference, please click here.
Selective Service: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959 , you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law.
This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the agency. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Ethical Standards/Financial Disclosure:
EXIM is committed to the highest ethical standards. As an employee, you will be covered by the criminal conflict of interest statutes and the Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Executive Branch. You will be required to complete new employee ethics training within 3 months of your appointment.
If this position is subject to financial disclosure requirements (either public or confidential depending upon your position), you will be required to complete a new entrant financial disclosure report within 30 days of your appointment.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the job opportunity announcement closes, a careful evaluation of your resume and supporting documentation will be made, and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you meet the job qualifications; and to the extent to which your application shows that you possess the competencies associated with this position. If, after evaluating your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, your category may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
The Category Rating method will be used to evaluate applicants. All qualified applicants will be assigned to one of the following categories:
- Best Qualified – Meets the minimum qualification requirements and excels in most of the job related competencies.
- Well Qualified – Meets the minimum qualification requirements and satisfies most of the job related competencies.
- Qualified – Meets the minimum qualification requirements, but does not satisfy most of the job related competencies to a substantive degree.
This Category Rating method does not add veterans’ preference points or apply the “rule of three”, but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. A selecting official may make selections from the highest quality category (Best Category) provided no preference eligible in that category is passed over to select a non-preference eligible in that category unless the requirements of 5 U.S.C. 3317(b) or 3318(b) are satisfied.
Preference eligibles who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or higher. Applicants who have not submitted a resume in the USAJobs system and/or have not answered all of the vacancy questions will not be considered for this position.
Important Note: Your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses to the occupational questionnaire or other assessment tool for consistency. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Your resume should provide sufficient information regarding how your education and experience relate to this position, including the major duties and qualifications criteria listed.
Background checks and security clearance
Public Trust – Background Investigation
Drug test required
Your application package should include the following documents:
- Your Resume (applicants are required to submit a resume with job title, series/grade (if federal employee), duties and accomplishments, employer’s name, starting and ending dates of employment, number of hours worked per week, and annual salary). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position.
- Proof of Veteran’s Preference – DD-214 (Member 4 Copy), if you are a veteran. Additionally, applicants claiming 10-point preference must complete Standard Form (SF) 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference, as well as additional documentation required by the SF-15, such as a VA letter, if applicable. If a DD-214 (Member Copy 4) is not available, other documentation listing the beginning and ending dates of active service and the type of discharge must be submitted to verify eligibility.
- Unofficial Transcripts. If selected for the position, you must provide an official transcript before appointment.
- Proof of U.S. accreditation for foreign study, if applicable.
- Special Priority Selection rights under CTAP or ICTAP: Submit a copy of your agency notice, copy of your most recent performance appraisal (with at least a satisfactory rating), and your most current SF-50 position title, grade level, and duty location, if applicable.
- Submission of any required documents listed in vacancy announcement, if applicable.
Please note that if you do not provide all required information/documents, as specified in this announcement, you may not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from
schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
Applications will only be accepted online. To apply for this position, you must complete the occupational questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The following is a link to preview the occupational questionnaire: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10316496
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) onto receive consideration.The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) onto receive consideration. To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire. Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package. It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date. To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account here, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
Agency contact information
Export-Import Bank of the United States
811 Vermont Avenue, NW
Learn more about this agency
After all application packages have been received, we will review your application to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the information in the Occupational Questionnaire and may interview best-qualified applicants.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply,
Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.