3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. Working at 3M Health Information Systems you will be helping with today’s challenges, while preparing for tomorrow’s.
We transform ideas into products and services that help customers add efficiency to their operations and, in turn, deliver better service to patients. The magic of 3M innovation happens when smart, creative people collaborate to break new ground, solve a problem or create a solution that improves or saves lives.
As an intern, you can grow through challenging work, get involved in meaningful projects and receive great coaching from our leaders. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. It is in a candidate’s best interest to apply early. Most hiring decisions will be made by January 2019.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists with the implementation of automated regression test development that will result in increased product reliability and reduce time required for testing
- Conducts software tests in adherence with quality standards
- Assists with the design, planning, creation, and documentation of software solutions
- Collaborate and contribute as a member of a team of software developers
- Performs triage and resolution of software defects
- Keeps team members and leadership apprised of project status
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited University
- Currently possess a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Knowledge in software testing, test frameworks, tools, or automation frameworks including Selenium
- Knowledge of object oriented programming with languages such as Python, Java, or C# (experience with PyCharm, VS Code, or Visual Studio helpful)
- Experience with SQL and relational database concepts
- Knowledge of version control tools such as Git
- Knowledge of technical writing and documenting software for use by internal and external consumers
- Understanding of software engineering best practices including configuration management, requirements management, testing, traceability, etc.
- Strong time management skills and the initiative to resolve problems by communicating promptly and driving project forward is required
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment in order to interact effectively with a broad spectrum of people, both individually and in groups is required
- Must be a creative and original thinker
- Must have the ability to work effectively with close supervision
- The successful candidate will exhibit professionalism, initiative, sound judgment, dependability, and a strong work ethic
Location: Atlanta, GA
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B, Curricular Practical Training (CPT) or Optional Practical Training (OPT))
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @ 3M or @3MNewsroom.
Work with the Best and the Brightest, our culture.
3M is a giant melting pot of smart, motivated people. Here, you will discover an inclusive culture and will collaborate with other curious, creative minds. Our huge array of global locations, technologies and products provides many pathways to a rewarding career. We give you the flexibility to help balance your work life with your personal life.
Most Recent great-news / Awards: 3M received recognition as being A Most Ethical Company! Promoting Ethical Business standards and practices internally, enabling managers and employees to make good choices, and shaping future industry standards by introducing tomorrow’s best practices today. Honorees have historically out-performed others financially, demonstrating the connection between good ethical practices and performances that’s valued. To View this recognition, please visit: http://bit.ly/EthisphereWorldsMostEthicalCompanyAward