3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. Working at 3M Health Information Systems you will be helping with today’s challenges, while preparing for tomorrow’s.
We transform ideas into products and services that help customers add efficiency to their operations and, in turn, deliver better service to patients. The magic of 3M innovation happens when smart, creative people collaborate to break new ground, solve a problem or create a solution that improves or saves lives.
As an intern, you can grow through challenging work, get involved in meaningful projects and receive great coaching from our leaders. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. It is in a candidate’s best interest to apply early. Most hiring decisions will be made by January 2019.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Complete at least one Lean Six Sigma improvement project (Green-belt level or higher) within the division
- Learn role of Engagement Leader, Business Development, Account Manager/Client Relationship Executive, Consultant from the provider and/or payor team
- Support client engagements via projects including, but not limited too: organizational/client research, understanding industry best practices and assisting in the formation of a client and/or sales strategy, creating PowerPoint presentations, meeting agendas etc. and helping conduct client presentations.
- Professional development: learn how to interact in client-executives relationships, understand go-to-market strategies for the deployment of both products and services etc.
- Shadow and complete informational interviews both in the Performance Management business unit, HIS division, and within 3M to understand culture and organizational fit.
- Measure and document (quantitatively and qualitatively) the value of this internship to not only you as an individual, but to 3M.
- Currently pursuing a Master’s degree or higher in Healthcare Administration (MHA) or Business Administration (MBA) from an accredited University
- Currently possess a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Broad knowledge of healthcare, Health Information Management and/or Healthcare Analytics/IT industry and trends
- Previous experience or certification in Lean Six Sigma and/or performance improvement methodologies
- Clinical Background and/or previous experience working with providers and/or payors
- Ability to excel in a complex, cross-functional, and dynamic work environment
- Key characteristics include: strategic thinker, creative, assertive, analytical, action-oriented, clear communication in both writing and speaking, fast learner, strong business acumen, and excellent presentation skills
- Working style can prioritize, multi-task, focus on goals, takes accountability, and manages time well.
- High integrity, and work ethic are expected and highly valued
Location: Murray, UT; Silver Spring, MD; Albany, NY; Atlanta, GA
Relocation: Is authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B, Curricular Practical Training (CPT) or Optional Practical Training (OPT))
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @ 3M or @3MNewsroom.
Work with the Best and the Brightest, our culture.
3M is a giant melting pot of smart, motivated people. Here, you will discover an inclusive culture and will collaborate with other curious, creative minds. Our huge array of global locations, technologies and products provides many pathways to a rewarding career. We give you the flexibility to help balance your work life with your personal life.
Most Recent great-news / Awards: 3M received recognition as being A Most Ethical Company! Promoting Ethical Business standards and practices internally, enabling managers and employees to make good choices, and shaping future industry standards by introducing tomorrow’s best practices today. Honorees have historically out-performed others financially, demonstrating the connection between good ethical practices and performances that’s valued. To View this recognition, please visit: http://bit.ly/EthisphereWorldsMostEthicalCompanyAward