As an intern, you can grow through challenging work, get involved in meaningful projects and receive great coaching from our leaders.
An internship is a temporary position within 3M. Interns typically work a full-time schedule throughout a 10-12 week assignment. This position is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year. 3M provides eligible interns with temporary housing and covers a portion of housing costs, as well as round-trip travel reimbursement in accordance with current policy.
Applications on this requisition are reviewed and filled on a rolling basis; it is in a candidate’s best interest to apply as soon as possible. Interested candidates should include a resume as part of their application.
As a Statistic Intern, you willl provide quality and statistical analysis. Under the guidance of division statistician, your work will involve analyzing data and reporting conclusions using sound statistical analysis techniques. You will be expected to help plan and execute on a wide variety of studies.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with process, product development, and quality engineering staff to perform modeling (ANOVA, Regression, and possible Categorical data analysis) and preliminary process capability studies (SPC) to improve Product and Process Understanding.
- Assist in setting up and analyzing measurement systems analysis (Gage R&R and Inter-laboratory studies) for variety of product and raw material characteristics; help develop SPC or other quality control methods to help support the Run to Target initiative and maintain the process on target.
- Work with the statistical package Minitab and possibly other software to analyze data.
- Work to summarize and report on inference and conclusions drawn from their analysis.
- Complete other projects as assigned.
- Currently pursuing a Master’s degree, or higher, from an accredited university.
- Currently pursuing a Master’s degree, or higher, in Statistics, Data Science or Industrial Engineering from an accredited university.
- Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Previous experience as a 3M Intern or Technical Aide OR internship with a manufacturing company
Location: Maplewood, MN
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g.,H1B status).