Global Transaction Services (GTS) is a core business for Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s global franchise. The GTS team provides global working capital solutions including liquidity management, payments and receipts, trade and supply chain finance, foreign exchange and commercial card services to multinational corporations, financial institutions and governments around the world.
Since 1947 Bank of America Merrill Lynch has been offering working capital solutions in Asia Pacific tailored to meet the growing needs of our clients with diverse geographic presence.
GTS Analysts work with experienced professionals to deliver the breadth of GTS solutions and services to our clients based in the Asia Pacific region
The Global Transaction Services Analyst Program is an 18 month in-country rotational program designed to provide Analysts with an opportunity to work alongside an experienced GTS team to prepare for a career in GTS. Rotations will allow you to experience and directly support the GTS business. You will work closely with sales teams who cover clients from Corporates and Financial Institutions and product teams who cover payments & receipts, liquidity management, FX, commercial card and trade products. Upon completion of the program, you will be placed into one of these teams on a permanent basis.
As an Analyst you will shadow GTS professionals, or work independently taking ownership of key projects to to support strategic business initiatives. Likewise there will be an expectation that Analysts will use their own initiatives and explore ideas to add value to the GTS business.
Responsibilities (vary with each rotation)
• Take ownership of rotation projects, understand the requirements of the project and practice time management, project planning and execution skills to complete your project within the timeframe of your rotation
• Proactively network internally to learn more about the business as well as report back on business initiatives worked on throughout your rotations
• Take the opportunities presented to learn more about other lines of businesses in Asia Pacific
• Integrate as a team member during your rotations and communicate with the team on project milestones
• Conduct comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research
• Conduct analysis and manage reporting and tracking
• Create various internal documents, materials, reports and data inventories as required
• Prepare presentations and other materials to support delivery of proposals and pitches to clients/ prospective clients to drive new business
• Play an active part in organizing and attending client meetings and events to learn more about client activity, following up on any action points where required
• Support the team to solve client needs and generate revenue for the bank
• Learn from, and work with, teams across the business, including senior managers within your group, experts in other areas of the firm and colleagues from around the globe
For most countries in Asia Pacific, training begins when you join newly-hired analysts from around the world for an intensive few weeks in New York. Here you will have the opportunity to network and to learn about our company and its culture. You will be trained on all the relevant tools, techniques and working practices as well as professional skills and team-working capabilities needed to succeed in the GTS Analyst Program.
On return to your local office, you will start your first rotation in GTS given responsibilities immediately and will be expected to make a significant contribution to the team. As internships mirror full-time positions, they also include goal-setting and a formal review process as well as plenty of opportunity to interact and work with senior managers.
The program has been carefully structured to ensure exposure to all areas of the GTS business. A challenging program with the right support model in place to ensure coaching and support allowing you to succeed in your rotations as well as your self-development, growing your abilities through on-the- job learning, preparing you for your permanent placement in the GTS business. The emphasis is on guidance and support for each individual, to promote independence and professional growth and cultivate the unique value that you will bring to impact the GTS business. We’ll support and reward you on the basis of your individual performance.
• Final year undergraduate/master student
• Outstanding academic achievement
Required Skills and Abilities
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Effective verbal and written communication
• Comfortable with change and adjust to changing demands and requirements
• A strong team player and client focus
• Demonstrates energy and initiative
• Positive approach and open to learning new skills
• Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrates a keen interest in the business Fluency in English is essential, appropriate Asian language skills are also essential for some roles and countries
How to Apply
• Select ‘Apply’ and sign in as a new or returning user
• Complete all sections of the application form, followed by the online assessment
• Upload cover letter and/or resume to support your application
• Submit form – please note that in order for your application to be considered, you must have completed the form, the online assessment and uploaded your resume before the deadline
September 28 2018