Blackstone is hiring 2019 Analyst – GSO Customized Credit in New York,USA
Blackstone’s Full Time Analyst program is a unique experience among financial firms, enabling participants to develop a well-rounded business mind that is fine-tuned by the challenge of putting to work both the firm’s and its’ professionals money. Upon completion of training, Blackstone Analysts will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of projects and be staffed on a number of assignments at one time. Due to the relatively small size of the professional staff, Analysts are able to assume integral roles on deal teams.
CCS manages diversified portfolios of fixed income investments, primarily consisting of senior secured floating rate bank loans of non-investment grade companies. As of December 31, 2018, CCS managed and sub-advised approximately $49 billion across the U.S. and Europe, including CLOs, separately managed accounts, commingled/drawdown funds, closed-end funds, LSE-listed funds and an exchange traded fund. These vehicles invest in loans, CLO securities, and high yield debt of U.S. and European issuers.
The CCS Analyst is an integral part of the investment team responsible for identifying, analyzing and monitoring fixed income investment across all of CCS portfolios. Analysts will conduct fundamental credit analysis to identify attractive investment ideas and proactively communicate recommendations to Portfolio Managers. Analysts will develop both quantitative and qualitative skills through the investment process and will have the opportunity to gain exposure to a wide range of industries and investment types. As a result of the breadth of the experience, Analysts will develop a unique understanding of companies and capital structures.
- Participate in all aspects of the investment process including meeting and interacting with management teams, financial analysis, computer modeling, research, industry and competitive analysis and formulation of investment thesis.
- Generate actionable investment ideas (longs, shorts, cap-structure, paired trades, etc.) across CLOs, separately managed accounts, commingled/drawdown funds, closed-end funds, LSE-listed funds and an exchange traded fund.
- Be an integral part of a professional and collegial team exhibiting sound business judgment.
- Persuasively communicate views both verbally and in writing.
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have:
- strong communication skills
- a demonstrated ability to write effectively
- a desire to work in a team environment often under pressure
- prior experience in the financial services industry and a basic knowledge of accounting and finance is desirable
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate* student with anticipated graduation date of Spring 2019 or have graduated in Fall of 2018
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
* Post-graduates, MBAs and experienced hires should refer to the Associate or Experienced hire opportunities listed on our career site: http://www.blackstone.com/the-firm/careers
Application Instructions: Both steps are REQUIRED
Register with your School Career Center to submit your resume. ? will this be requirement or hybrid / HR and Career Center? Complete the Blackstone On-Line application for the “2019 Analyst – GSO Customized Credit Strategies ” position through the following link:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered “prefer not to say“). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.