Blackstone is hiring 2019 Analyst- GSO Full Stack Junior Software Developer in New York,USA
Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with over $450 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
GSO Capital Partners LP is the global credit investment platform of Blackstone. With approximately $131 billion of assets under management, GSO is one of the largest alternative managers in the world focused on the leveraged- finance, or non-investment grade related, marketplace. GSO seeks to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns in its business by investing in a broad array of strategies including mezzanine debt, distressed investing, leveraged loans and other special-situation strategies. Its funds are major providers of credit for small and middle-market companies and they also advance rescue financing to help distressed companies.
GSO technology group is a small development team dedicated to providing software solutions for all the functions within the Business Unit. Examples of these areas include investment research, trading, risk management, operations, portfolio accounting, and various internal and external reporting. Majority of the team consists of experienced technologists with strong domain knowledge of the business. This allows us to effectively design processes and solutions that best fit the business needs. The team has a strong emphasis on innovation and fast delivery. Everyone in the team is expected to participate in the entire life-cycle of the projects. Since we provide services to all areas of GSO, there are lots of opportunities to learn about different aspects of firm and interact directly with all the business professionals. This is a unique experience compared to working in a specific area of a larger organization where exposure is very limited. We actively mentor our team members to have broad knowledge of both business and technology that enable them to take ownership of new projects from start to finish.
Full Stack Junior Software Developer
As a full stack software engineer, you will be taking part in all the stages of the development process. You will be working closely with other engineers and business users to design, build, deploy, and support many business critical applications. You will tackle a variety of problems ranging from optimizing system performance, building new user interfaces to integrating complex systems. You will help devise elegant solutions to challenging problems and put your own ideas to work in this interesting and fast-paced environment.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Participate in the requirement analysis, technical research, system design, development, and support
- Help streamline business processes through the use of technology and automations
- Research and introduce new technologies, approaches, or best practices
- Sharing your ideas and specialized skills with other team members
GSO seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
- A Bachelor degree in Science or Engineering program that cover fundamentals in Computer Science
- Proficiency in at least one Object-Oriented or Function programming Language
- Strong communication skills
- Self-starting and entrepreneurial attitude
- Desire to learn both technologies and business
- Innovative and ability to quickly adopt new technologies
- Able to work well with others
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- .NET Languages (C# or F#)
- Database technologies (SQL Server)
- Web Application and distributed system development experience
- Knowledge of financial products, trading, or investment business
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Anticipated graduation date: Fall 2018 – Spring 2019
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
- Resume must be in PDF format
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered “prefer not to say“). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.