Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS), an S&P 500 company, is a leading direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in financial service industry. Discover is one of the largest credit card issuers in the US with network in more than 185 countries and territories. ( www.discover.com/Company )
Our Shanghai Center of Excellence specializes in data-based decision analytics that provide solutions to support our company’s strategy and operations.
With our scientific quantitative tools and leading statistical methods, we impact marketing strategy formulation, risk management, and banking operations for our products and services. We are committed to be the best financial services analytical center in China.
Online Application:6 Aug – 20 Oct, 2018
Phone Interview:25 Aug – 25 Oct, 2018(Start right away as resumes come in)
Onsite Interview:20 Sep – 20 Nov, 2018
Work independently, or as an integral part of a project team, to develop predictive models, conduct simulations, perform ad-hoc analyses, design and produce analytic reports to solve business problems. Participate in center-wide efforts to build analytical capability. The analyst may support one of the specific business areas, including marketing, risk management, customer services, and banking, etc.
- -Be responsible for data preparation, including sampling, data pulling, aggregation, and other data preparation treatments.
- -Develop types of models/prepare analytic reports which meet business objectives, requirements, and timelines.
- -Perform simulations and general ad-hoc analyses to provide insights for strategy design, evaluation and testing.
- -Communicate project results to US business partners and management in a clear and effective manner.
- -Work closely with business partners to implement models and decision strategies.
- -Document project results, address project issues and answer questions from business partners.
- -Provide input and consultation to business partners on various statistical, technical, data or business issues.
- -Identify and share programming knowledge and organizational expertise for efficient and effective execution of project tasks.
- -Engage in continuous learning to maintain a high level of competency in statistical and analytical principles, tools, and techniques.
- -Bachelor and above degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Communication, Statistics, Mathematics, Management Science, Economics, Econometrics, Operational Research, etc.
- -Good command of English communication (both oral and written).
- -Ability in learning and improving programming skills for business analysis, strong programming skills is a plus.
- -Demonstrated project management skills, including ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and follow through on completion of high-profile projects.
- -Strong interest in using data for business insight, experience in modeling is a plus.
- -Strong desire of learning and willingness to acquire needed knowledge and skills.
- -Positive work attitude and team spirit.
Business Intelligence Analyst
Work independently as an integral part of Business Intelligence team, serving as internal expert for the development and implementation of a reporting system that centralize all production reports for Marketing department. Manage the reports migration, provide innovative automation solutions, enhancements and dashboard design and implementation to existing production reports to assist various business teams in decision making. Participate in general efforts to build Center of Excellence for BI capability. He/She will support across multiple Marketing analytical areas.
- -Partner with Marketing Analytics teams to provide BAU reports on a timely manner to monitor general trend, campaign progression, portfolio performance and customer profile by various key dimension.
- -Create and maintain the Centralized Report Depository for all the Marketing teams that provide one location and easy access for the report users.
- -Interact with owners of existing reports to scope and define requirements such as data sources, frequency, and users for each reports.
- -Support the migration of existing production reports from different areas within CSCM – Marketing Analysis to the Centralized Report Depository.
- -Be the key internal consultant to help architect and manage all the production reports.
- -Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- -Bachelor’s or above degree in a quantitative analysis field such as Engineering, Science, Econometrics, Computer Science, Statistics, Management Science, or Finance.
- -Strong interest in using data for business insight.
- -Fluent oral and written English is a must.
- -Ability in learning and improving programming skills for business analysis, strong programming skills is a plus, such as SAS, SQL, VBA, MS EXCEL. Experience in Tableau is preferred.
- -Familiarity with statistical and analytical tools. Experience in Aster or Hadoop is preferred.
SKILL & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- -Passionate in decision analytics, interested in using data for business insight, prior experience with programming preferred.
- -Demonstrated project management skills, including ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and follow through on completion of high-profile projects
- -Excellent English communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- -Strong desire of learning and willingness to acquire needed knowledge and skills
This position utilizes knowledge of business strategy processes and policies as well as various data sources and operational processing systems to assure the quality of the different Credit Card/Lending product strategies’ implementation. Conduct production monitoring and controls in BRMS (Business Rule Management System). Ensure the business decision rules and policies are implemented correctly and efficiently in the production environment. Participate in innovation and process enhancement to improve the overall efficiency. The analyst may support different function of Credit Card and Lending division.
- -BDevelop and implement an end-to-end production environment controls framework including critical points of failure, metrics for alert triggering, communication methodology, etc.
- -BAnalyze project requirements and work with business partners to ensure requirements are clear and complete.
- -BIdentify inconsistencies between existing policies and new strategies. Incorporate new requirements into existing designs and processes.
- -BDevelop testing methodology by translating individual requirements into individual test cases.
- -BParticipant various testing phases, execute test plans and test cases in Decision Engine, and deliver high quality of testing results and reports.
- -BIdentify, troubleshoot and track defects and resolve them with business partners.
- -BMaintain project documentation to facilitate strategy tracking and test/control analysis.
- -BIdentify opportunities to improve quality and efficiency of existing test processes.
- -BDevelop automation tools to reduce testing cycle time.
Education & Experience Requirements
Skill & Competency Requirements
- -Related experience in the area of computer science. Software developing, software testing or system monitoring/control in Credit Card or Banking system will be a plus. Experience with Blaze Decision Engine will be double plus;
- -Preferred people with J2EE, Java, SAS, VBA, SQL, Unix K-shell technical skills and experience;
- -Strong familiarity with SDLC, Object – Oriented Programming and technical testing knowledge.
- Advance your skillset with real business challenges, on-the- job experience, and interaction with executive leadership. As an Analytics professional, we will help develop skills like (such as):
- -Identifying issues
- -Formulating hypotheses
- -Collecting quantitative and qualitative data
- -Designing and performing data analysis
- -Developing recommendations
- -Senior Management presentation