Houlihan Lokey (NYSE:HLI) is a global investment bank with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial restructuring, valuation, and strategic consulting. The firm serves corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide with offices in the United States, Europe, the Middle East, and the Asia-Pacific region. Independent advice and intellectual rigor are hallmarks of the firm’s commitment to client success across its advisory services. Houlihan Lokey is ranked as the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. transactions, the No. 1 global restructuring advisor, and the No. 1 global M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 20 years, according to Thomson Reuters. For more information, please visit www.HL.com.
Houlihan Lokey has extensive expertise in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, activist shareholder and takeover defense, and other related advisory services for a broad range of U.S. and international clients. Our experience in M&A has earned us consistent recognition throughout the industry. In 2017, we were ranked the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. transactions.
As an Intern in the Corporate Finance group you will work on a variety of transactions, including:
- mergers and acquisitions
- private placements of debt and equity
- leveraged buyoutsYou will work with a highly talented and dedicated staff of professionals who will give you broad exposure to the many different issues and concerns affecting businesses today. You will research and analyse financial statements, general economic conditions, industry specific conditions and trends, acquisitions and divestitures, and various investment attributes of publicly traded and privately owned companies.
Houlihan Lokey provides a collegial, entrepreneurial work environment. We reward our interns with substantial responsibilities, interaction with senior-level professionals, and live engagements. Interns will often support deal teams comprising at least one managing director, vice president, associate and analyst.
- Strong quantitative skills and study in accounting and finance are preferred.
- An understanding of valuation theory, methodologies and applications is important, as are strong financial and computer skills.
- Strong analytical abilities, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff are required.
- Most important, we seek to attract dedicated, team-oriented candidates, either recent graduates or in their last year of study, with a deep desire to win, a strong work ethic and a willingness to work hard to achieve the highest standards of performance