Who we are
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 55 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career
Our focus on Graduate Development offers first class training and support for bright and ambitious individuals. You will begin with induction training before moving into a real, full-time role in one of a number of business areas. This is one of the fundamental differences between our programme and others – you start a real job from the beginning; taking on responsibility and accelerating your career. You will have access to a wide range of development opportunities and will receive on-the- job coaching and support from your colleagues.
Compliance Future Leaders Programme
The ever evolving nature of regulations within the Financial Services means banks are increasingly in need of adaptable, inquisitive individuals with the desire to build an expansive knowledge of Compliance. We are launching an entry-level Future Leaders Development Programme to grow our own pipeline of talent within BNP Paribas. Our aim is to equip our graduates with a strong foundation across various areas of Compliance and a globalised perspective.
The two-year UK-based programme is open to junior talent who are either just starting their careers in Compliance or who would like to switch careers into Compliance.
What you’ll do
As a graduate, you’ll rotate across four teams over the course of two years. The teams may include: Global Markets Compliance, Control Room, Compliance Risk Reviews, Central (Functions), Financial Crime, Training & Monitoring. Within each rotation you’ll provide day-to-day assistance to your team, gaining an understanding of the BAU activity that goes on in each area. You’ll also have the opportunity to work on key projects of strategic importance to the function. Your on-the- job learning will be supplemented by professional training as required. Just as importantly, you’ll have access to senior leaders and a dedicated mentor to guide you on your journey.
During the Programme, you’ll:
Provide day-to-day assistance and support to each of the Compliance teams within your rotations. The core activities for potential teams include:
- Control Room: support the Head of the Control Room with daily tasks as well as key projects. Learn how to manage questions about wall crossing and maintaining records.
- Global Markets: liaise with and support each Compliance Advisory team with the many challenges and tasks they undertake on a daily basis, building your understanding to assist with the day to day work of the markets team.
- Compliance Review Team: build a solid understanding of the end-to-end review process, learning how to set up a review, collect and collate findings to allow you to
support a team leader with implementation.
- Monitoring: learn how to review e-comms and data, monitoring and reporting any key findings.
- Central Compliance: collaborate with a number of teams thereby gaining a high level understanding of how the various teams interact. For instance, you will work with Registrations to log and register staff and to manage the new certification process. You’ll also support our Functions Compliance team to assist with compliance issues relating to non-front office staff.
- Training: You’ll create training materials and support with all face-to-face Compliance Training, as well as e-learning on key regulatory, Group and CIB modules such as market abuse, financial Crime and breaches of Conduct of Business rules. In addition, you’ll support with Escalation and training role out.
- Financial Crime: you’ll partner with the Sanctions Monitoring team and the Payments team to understand the process for payments and related monitoring requirements. In parallel, you’ll help to manage KYC (Know Your Client) monitoring through supporting the AML/KYC teams.
- Learn about each business and related compliance matters on-the- job
- Contribute towards UK, regional or global projects, ensuring they are delivered effectively and efficiently
- Maintain appropriate knowledge and Training material to ensure full compliance with rules, regulations and policies. Complete all mandatory training as required to attain and maintain competence.
- Keen interest in Compliance
- Good team player
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong I.T. skills, particularly MS Office
- Additional languages a nice to have but not required
Technical skills and qualifications required for the role
- Excellent academic background, minimum 2:1 in Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of the Financial Markets and some knowledge of the regulators and Regulation
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Opening Date: 19th September 2018
Closing Date: 5th November 2018