London – Long Term Internship – Trade Support Fixed Income – Middle Office
WHO WE ARE
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 55 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career.
As a member of the Bonds Middle Office team you will be exposed to various different functionalities within the bank. Working primarily but not exclusively with the Fixed Income trading desks located across the Globe. You will act as a liaison between Front Office and various other Stakeholders – Ranging from Back Office Operations, To Finance, to P&L to Legal. Working in a Middle Office environment will give you a very good overview and insight into what is like to work in a major Investment Bank.
Working as an intern, your role will include:
- Monitoring of exceptions for all Fixed Income trades , using a number of different in-house systems (including Front Office as well as Back Office)
- Responsible for inputting trades into various systems.
- To be responsible for maintaining and contributing to the improvement of the front to back deal processing
- To be pro-active, answer and resolve all queries arising from clients, traders, salespersons, other middle office departments , settlements, client service Globally and to deal with issues in a timely manner.
- Responsible for London-Paris trades and positions/settlement queries
- To be flexible in cross training all areas of the department
- Provide ad-hoc management reporting when requested.
- Keeping full KPI are up to date and delivering management reports
- Absolute determination to learn and improve performance
- High personal standards and strong team player
- Self-starter with good personal and organisation skills (work efficiency, management of priorities and autonomy)
- Excellent presentation, communication and written skills
- Analytical thinking and strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated and able to perform under pressure / tight
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- An academic record (but not exclusively to) in Finance, Economics or Accountancy.
- High level of technical skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Duration: 11 Months
Start Date: AUGUST/SEPT 2018