Open & closing dates
01/10/2019 to 01/22/2019
Pay scale & grade
$45,703 to $59,412 per year
Yes as determined by agency policy
This job is open to
Individuals who have graduated from an accredited educational institute or certificate program within the last 2 years or 6 years for Veterans.
Clarification from the agency
Recent Graduates: If you completed a qualifying degree within the previous two years, you may apply. If you are a veteran who was prevented from applying during the 2-year period due to your military service, you may apply if your degree was completed within the last 6 years.
Enrolled students: If you will complete your degree requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement, you may apply.
As a Security Specialist, you will provide assistance in supporting comprehensive agency wide security management policies & plans. You will also ensure policies & plans are properly developed, coordinated & implemented in relation to GSA’s mission & associated functional roles & responsibilities.
Learn more about this agency
As a Security Specialist, you will work in multiple functional areas including personnel security, physical security, information security, and industrial security. You will perform a number of conventional and procedural security management operations and functions, to include assisting higher graded specialist with the following:
- Reviewing security plans, processes, and procedures.
- Providing input for standard security plans and procedures.
- Conducting inquiries and investigations into security violations or other matters of security concern.
- Analyzing and resolving broad and complex security problems.
- Implementing and maintaining GSA contractor clearance program integrity for contract performance; product classification; and access to communications security, intelligence.
- Presenting security awareness and emergency response education and training.
- Promoting security awareness through bulletin boards, job aids, website postings, quarterly newsletters, and other special security events.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
0080 Security Administration
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply,
Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.