Societe Generale INTERN: Cross Business Consolidation,Hong Kong,04-02-2019
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
The Risk department at Societe Generale in Hong Kong is looking for an intern to join the Metrics & Consolidation team under Risks on Market Activities (RMA) and Asset Liability Management (ALM). An ideal candidate should have good understanding of risk and of OTC derivatives. Knowledge of or experience with VBA coding and international regulations will be a plus.
The Cross-Business Consolidation Team mandate mainly consists of the following:
• PnL Certification
• Market Risk and Credit Risk Certification
As the regional hub of Asia Pacific, the RMA function covers Rates, Equities, Commodities, FX, Money markets in countries such as Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, India, China and Australia.
- Read and summarize Asian local regulatory requirements for Risk Calculation (Market, Counterparty and Liquidity)
- Prepare documentation of procedures for local regulatory reports
- Build database queries for data analysis
- Currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Engineering or similar
- Understanding of capital markets
- Excellent written skills
- Good team player, demonstrate the capacity to work in a team environment, on collective success
- Display responsibility and act ethically
- Display commitment and demonstrate consideration for others
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Pro-active, swift, analytical, rigorous, able to multi task and work under pressure
- Fluent English is mandatory, with other Asian language would be a plus
Please specify your availabilities for the internship on your resume.
This is a 2-3 month internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us, please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and are available for the 2-3 month period.