Societe Generale INTERN: Data Scientist,Hong Kong,04-02-2019
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
Within the Market Risk department in Asia, Metrics Monitoring Group team’s major missions are to independently monitor the capital markets activities, to support the development of the business and to meet the regulatory challenges of tomorrow.
- Assist in Projects in Data science, including machine learning, big data, robotic process automation, data visualization and natural language processing
- Organize knowledge sharing presentation and demonstration to the team
- Propose innovative technical solutions and implement them using the latest technologies
- Improve the existing systems by using the latest technology
- Currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in Mathematics or Computer science
- Knowledge in python, node.js and web application development
- Demonstrate the capacity to work in a team environment, on collective success
- Display responsibility and act ethically
- Display commitment, demonstrating consideration for others
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Pro-active, swift, analytical, rigorous, able to multi task and work under pressure
- Fluent English is mandatory
Please specify your availabilities for the internship on your resume.
This is a 2-3 month internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us, please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and are available for the 2-3 month period.