Societe Generale INTERN: Debt Capital Markets,Hong Kong,04-02-2019
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
SG’s Debt Capital Markets group has responsibility for advising issuers (corporates, financial institutions and public-sector entities) on their issuance strategy in the primary debt capital markets and executing the related transactions. SG’s strengths reside primarily in cross-border offerings in public or private format.
The intern’s primary function will be to support the senior staff from origination to execution/closing of transactions and meaningfully contribute to the profitability of the group.
- Prepare update of relevant capital markets data
- Assist in the preparation of marketing documents (market update, peer analysis, secondary pricing performance, primary pricing indications)
- Monitor primary market developments (recent transactions, pipeline and market rumors)
- Assist in execution of transactions
- Perform regular research on latest product developments and potential/existing business opportunities
- Currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in Economics, Business, Finance or similar
- Strong analytical and communication skills, highly numerate
- Good command of Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Bloomberg would be a plus
- Good knowledge of fixed income markets and derivatives
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Demonstrate the capacity to work in a team environment, on collective success
- Display responsibility and act ethically
- Display commitment, demonstrating consideration for others
- Stay positive and display “can-do” attitude
- Willingness to step up in a small team environment
- Good written skills in English and Chinese
- Fluency in English and Mandarin is mandatory, other Asian language would be a plus
Please specify your availabilities for the internship on your resume.
This is a 2-3 month internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us, please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and are available for the 2-3 month period.