Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients’ projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
Client Lifecycle Intelligence and Care department is the cross-business Client management division for Global Banking and Investor Solutions.
The Existing Client Management team is a key pillar of the KYC team which support the bank’s anti-money laundering system. Its mission is to ensure the bank is compliant with its obligation of client identification and due diligence on a worldwide basis and to provide the institution with adequate and complete client information.
The KYC Case Lead role acts as the interface between clients and internal key stakeholders. As a dedicated point of contact, the team is responsible for the successful end-to-end review of the KYC profile by identifying KYC requirements, collecting and validating documents that cannot be obtained via public sources and final signoff of the file. Responsibilities include supporting the business lines, managing their priorities and providing transparency of the process. The team provides advisory services internally and externally and should be well versed in the latest KYC and regulatory requirements and how they are applied within our organization. The Case Lead is accountable for the accuracy of the file in line with policy and procedure and in addition responsible for final validation of the file from a KYC perspective.
- Gain exposure on client onboarding journey and Regulatory/AML requirements
- Assist in Collect documentation from Clients and provide guidance and support
- Assist in managing a dedicated mailbox for the periodic reviews process
- Assist in 4-eye check & validation of KYC files to ensure that it is in line with policy and procedure
- Contribute to projects linked to coordination with other teams within the global KYC network, and projects relating to process improvement
- Currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering, Finance or similar
- Proficiency in Excel macro development / VBA is a plus
- Eagerness to learn and to keep abreast of AML/KYC latest issues and requirements
- Demonstrate the capacity to work in a team environment, on collective success
- Display responsibility, commitment, and eagerness to learn
- Must be very reliable and pay attention to detail
- Ability to adapt quickly to challenging situations and find innovative solutions
- Good communication skills
- Fluent English is mandatory, with fluent Mandarin/Cantonese preferred
Please specify your availabilities for the internship on your resume.This is a 2-3 month internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us, please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and are available for the 2-3 month period.