Societe Generale WINTER INTERN: Front Office Developer,Hong Kong,06-11-2018
Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. Societe Generale provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.As part of the Front Office (FO) IT department the Equity derivatives development team oversees the development and support of FO tools used daily by traders and sales.
The Front Office developer Intern will be part of this IT development team and will participate in day to day support and application development.
The team sits in the dealing room and interacts continuously with the front and middle office users.
The Equity derivatives trading desks deal Delta 1, Equity finance and Volatility products.
The main assignments for a FO developer are to develop and support applications for the Equity derivatives trading and sales team.
- Participate into FO applications development
- Involve into the day to day support for the FO users
- Help manage user’s requirements/problems and identify business priorities
- Communicate and report to IT peers and trading teams
- Currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar
- Good knowledge and/or first experience in one of the following language
– Java development to develop RESTful APIs
– Python to develop RESTful APIs
- Innovative and passionate about technology
- Knowledge of Excel/VBA macros development is a plus
- Knowledge of financial products is a nice to have but not compulsory
- Well organized, reliable and quality oriented
- Good communication and team spirit
- Fluent English is mandatory
Please specify your availabilities for the internship on your resume.
This is a 1-3 month internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and are available for the 1-3 month period.