Open & closing dates
01/10/2019 to 01/31/2019
Pay scale & grade
$29,847 to $29,847 per year
1 vacancy in the following location:
This job is open to
You must be willing to relocate.
Learn more about this agency
Major responsibilities and duties may include but are not limited to:
· Performing phlebotomy duties on both inpatients and outpatients.
· Utilizing a personal computer to access patient medical information.
· Using centrifuges and other laboratory equipment and supplies to process specimens after collection.
· Sorting, aliquots and distributing specimens throughout the laboratory and to other hospital and referral labs.
· Acting as courier to deliver specimens to UMHC laboratories and returning pathology reports, test results and specimens to the laboratory.
· Measuring, aliquots, and preparing preservatives for surgical and cytology specimens.
· Picking up, preserving, measuring, and aliquots and preparing for shipment all 24-hour urine collections.
· Stocking blood drawing and processing supplies in the receiving area and blood drawing room.
· Insuring printers in receiving room and blood drawing room are functioning properly, programs set up, and replacing paper, labels and ribbons.
· Answering queries from physicians, nurses and other hospital staff regarding test requirements, processing instructions, and test order status.
· Routing calls to the proper section of the laboratory.
Work Schedule: This position is part time, NTE 1 year. The hospital laboratory is open 24/7 and Student Trainees will work rotating weekends, holidays and hours during school breaks. Work includes various shifts during the hours of 5:30am to Midnight and will change according to class schedules.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply,
Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.