Open & closing dates
12/27/2018 to 01/04/2019This job will close when we have received 100 applications which may be sooner than the closing date. Learn more
Pay scale & grade
$29,847 to $38,798 per year
Multiple Schedules – Full Time & Part Time
2 vacancies in the following location:
Cruz Bay, VI
This job is open to
Clarification from the agency
These positions being filled under the Pathways Internship Program which is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with paid work opportunities in agencies to explore Federal careers while still in school. To review eligibility requirements for the Pathways Internship Program, please click here.
Interns may be eligible for non-competitive conversion to permanent employment, please click here for more information.
Learn more about this agency
This job announcement is open to receive applications from the first 100 applicants. The job announcement will remain open until either the quota of 100, or the closing date, is reached. At that point, the announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. (EST) on 01/04/2019. All applications submitted by 11:59 (EST) on 01/04/2019 to receive consideration, even those that exceed the 100 applicant limit.
Positions are temporary with part-time (up to 32 hours per pay period) or full-time (40 hours per week) work schedules based on student’s schedule and the needs of the agency.
- Collecting appropriate fees at a park entrance station, visitor center, campground, or other visitor contact station.
- Operates an electronic cash register, computer or Point of Sale system.
- Performs opening and closing shift functions.
- Issues entrance receipts, tour tickets, park passes, and federal recreation pass in accordance with established guidelines, and verifies entrance receipts and various passes for validity dates.
- Serves as a front-line representative of the agency.
- Responsible for providing answers to recurring visitor questions concerning the specific park area and other surrounding areas of interest.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply,
Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.