This Training Coordinator job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize when hiring for a corporate training position. Similar job titles include Corporate Trainer, Learning and Development Manager, Training Specialist and Training Manager.
Training Coordinator Responsibilities
- Mapping out training plans and schedules, designing and developing training programs (outsourced or in-house) for corporate, HR training and more
- Choosing appropriate training methods per case (virtual, simulated, mentoring, on the job training, professional development classes, etc)
- Marketing available training opportunities to employees and providing necessary information
We are looking for a Training Coordinator to lead our employee development initiatives through hosting creative training events and educational programs.
What does a Training Coordinator do?
Training Coordinator responsibilities include communicating with managers to identify training needs and mapping out development plans for teams and individuals. Training Coordinators are responsible for managing, designing, developing, coordinating and conducting all training programs.
Our ideal candidate has experience with various training methods, including on-the- job coaching, mentorship programs and e-learning. Experience with different projects, like management training and soft-skills development, is also essential.
You should also be familiar with the instructors, equipment and educational material requirements for each project. If you can think of and design engaging ways to train our employees (e.g. client role-playing exercises or outdoor activities), we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, the role of the training coordinator is to oversee all professional development at our company.
- Map out annual training plans for management, HR, customer support and more
- Design and develop training programs (outsourced and/or in-house)
- Select appropriate training methods or activities (e.g. simulations, mentoring, on-the- job training, professional development classes)
- Market available training to employees and provide necessary information about sessions
- Conduct organization-wide training needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed
- Use known education principles and stay up-to-date on new training methods and techniques
- Design, prepare and order educational aids and materials
- Assess instructional effectiveness and determine the impact of training on employee skills and KPIs
- Gather feedback from trainers and trainees after each educational session
- Partner with internal stakeholders and liaise with experts regarding instructional design
- Maintain updated curriculum database and training records
- Host train-the-trainer sessions for internal subject matter experts
- Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment
- Research and recommend new training methods, like gamification
- Proven work experience as a Training Coordinator, Trainer, Training Facilitator or similar role
- Hands-on experience coordinating multiple training events in a corporate setting
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation
- Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Familiarity with traditional and modern job training methods and techniques
- Experience with e-learning platforms
- MS Office proficiency
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Strong communication skills
- BS degree in Education, Training, HR or related field
See our job descriptions for similar roles:
- Corporate Trainer
- Learning and Development Manager
- Training Specialist
- Training Manager