Open & closing dates
02/26/2019 to 03/11/2019
Pay scale & grade
$29,847 to $38,798 per year
4 vacancies in the following locations:
This job is open to
This position is for a Student Trainee under the Pathways Program. An agency may convert an Intern non-competitively from the Internship Program to a term or permanent position in the competitive service upon successful completion of the program, but conversion is not mandatory or guaranteed.
Learn more about this agency
As a Pathways Intern, you will perform assignments designed to increase your familiarity with the functions and operations of the National Park Service while applying public contact/customer service, fee collection, and interpretive techniques and concepts related to the preservation and protection of natural and cultural resources. Specific duties include:
- collecting appropriate fees at park entrance station or visitor center;
- answering visitor questions, staffing the information desk, and providing basic information about the park’s interpretive programs;
- stocking brochures and desk supplies, and keeping the front desk and work areas clean and orderly;
- maintaining and cleaning program equipment including large aquariums;
- lifting and carrying boxed materials, buckets of water, etc; and
- assisting interpretive park rangers with visitors during selected program activities such as clamming, crabbing, surf fishing, and bay programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Standing for long periods of time, walking, bending, lifting of moderately heavy items and sedentary work is required. Required to lift and carry buckets of water to clean/maintain large aquariums. Wading in water while assisting programs, pulling seine nets, and using shell-fishing equipment is also required in accomplishing duties. Mental stress and physical fatigue occur due to high volume of personal contacts and the responsibility of dealing with large amounts of money.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed indoors and outdoors with exposure to extremes of temperature, rain, wind, surf, and direct sunlight.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply,
Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.