What you’ll do
• Provides optical clinical care by diagnosing Customers to manage treatment of visual problems and ocular disease; providing effective patient education and counseling; and communicating with key stakeholders (for example, Optometrist, Clinic Staff) to increase understanding of optometric standards under the guidance of Associate Doctor of Optometry.
• Sells Optical products and services by assisting Customers with purchasing decisions, measuring, adjusting, and repairing frames and lenses, completing eyewear/contact lens orders, identifying and verifying prescription information, completing and maintaining paperwork, forms, and other required documentation, collecting payments for doctor services, and performing and recording results of optometric pre-tests.
• Supports Optical care and services to Customers by obtaining measurements, verifying, determining, and dispensing prescriptions; counseling, consulting with, and educating Customers; assisting with eyewear selection; and maintaining confidential information.
• Maintains the Optical area in accordance with Company policies and procedures by properly handling claims and returns, damages, ensuring optical operations are aligned with Company and regulatory standards (for example, HIPAA); and ensuring a safe work environment.
• Maintains merchandise presentation in the Optical area by stocking and rotating merchandise, removing damaged zoning the area, arranging and organizing merchandise/supplies, identifying shrink and or out-of-date goods, setting up, cleaning, and organizing product displays, signing and pricing merchandise appropriately, and securing fragile and high-shrink merchandise.
• Receives and stocks merchandise/supplies from distribution centers and suppliers and organizes and maintains the Optical Area by following Company procedures, utilizing equipment appropriately, merchandising, and completing and retaining required paperwork, logs, and other documentation.
• Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy;
• and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
• Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.